Thursday 15 January 2015

The British Tag!

Hey Everyone! 
This post is the British Tag which I recently saw on Aymie Louise's blog and once I'd had a read through I knew I had to do it! I love everything that's quintessentially British and couldn't pass on the opportunity to do this tag. Read on and enjoy my follow England lovers! 

How many cups of tea a day do you have and how many sugars?
Well I always have a cup of tea on a morning, if it's a cold morning I'll have it with two sugars and a cup of tea before bed with no sugars, throughout the day though I can't really give a number because sometime I have so many cups of tea I genuinely lose count. Usually no sugars with those and definitely over 3 cups a day.

Favourite dunking biscuit? 
A plain Mcvities Rich Tea biscuit is the perfect dunking biscuit in my opinion. Although you've got to have some skill when dunking them because too long and they break off and that means a new cup of tea is needed, not long enough and it's overly crunchy.

Favourite part of your roast?
My veggies with gravy is definitely the best part of a roast, I particularly like Brussels sprouts and mashed potato. i like every part of a roast though and a roast isn't complete without Yorkshire Puds. 

Favourite quintessentially British pastime?
Oh for this I'd have to say that my favourite quintessentially British pass time has to be sitting down with a god book and a cup of tea and tea cake. There's nothing like it and the rainy British weather sets the perfect atmosphere for it I think. 

Favourite word?
Spiffing is one of my favourite British words, you never hear it used often enough. 

Cockney rhyming slang?
I have absolutely no idea and I won't put anything here because my knowledge of cockney rhyming slang is little to none and I may end up offending some cockney people. 

Favourite sweet?
Sherbert Lemons are my favourite sweets, I absolutely love them and every time I go to Beamish (a famous museum that tells the sorry of people in the North East of England during the Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian periods) I will always get myself some Sherbert Lemons without fail. I'm also inclined to remind everyone that Dumbledore was partial to our muggle sherbet lemons. 

What would your pub be called?
Not a clue, probably something like Queen Liz or a name along those lines, most pubs tend to to have royal themed names or animal themed names and if I named it after an animal it would end up being something daft like The Hamster and Horse... Best stick to a royal name. 

Favourite British person?
I have two, I love Benedict Cumberbatch so obviously he is my No 1. male Brit, he's fab in Sherlock and to be honest he's probably the most British British person there is on TV nowadays anyway. However, my favourite British female is definitely Emma Watson, I think that woman is fab and she's definitely a good role model for anyone to look to. 

Favourite shop/restaurant?
Any Cath Kidstone shop is my favourite, her designs are beautiful and so elegant, if I could live in one of her shops I would without hesitation. Plus she's an English designer so it fits in quite well with the British Tag. 

What British song pops into you head?
In the spirit of all things British the first song that popped into my head was Queen - Don't Stop Me Now. Also one of my favourite bands of all time!

Marmite?
I absolutely detest Marmite, you couldn't pay me to even get near a jar of the stuff. 
I hope everyone enjoyed reading this post. 


Love Katherine. X

No comments:

Post a Comment